The Investment Ministry has completed a preliminary draft of the framework to establish a risk insurance fund to encourage Egyptians to invest in Africa, Minister Sahar Nasr said during a Sunday meeting with Prime Minister Moustafa Madbouly, according to a Cabinet statement. The ministry is currently in talks with other ministries to incorporate their feedback on the framework, Nasr said, without clarifying when a final draft will be ready. President Abdel Fattah El Sisi had announced the fund’s launch at the Africa 2018 Forum last month.
More from Enterprise
CBE tightens oversight on NBFIs banking amid debate
The move comes amid a growing debate over the rapid…
Qatar’s Green Sky Capital secures financing for USD 200 mn SAF plant
The facility could add more than 10% to global SAF…
Beltone opens subscriptions for Egypt’s first silver fund today, plans five more funds
The fund invests directly in physical silver
Fawry overhauls subsidiary leadership with new Fawry Plus, Fawry MSME heads
The fintech pioneer taps Group CFO Abdelmeguid Afifi to run…